Combining the Left and Right pictures into one.
Now that we have created our Left and Right pictures it is time to combine them. There are three methods available to you:.
(a) Stereo Method - where you cross your eyes to view the 3d effect.
(b) Anaglyph Method - where you use a pair of Red/Blue 3d glasses to view the picture.
(c) Interlaced Method - Unfortunatley I don't have a pair of these glasses because they are very expensive. So I can't comment or explain how you can make or view an Interlaced picture.
Combining the Left and Right pictures
Below is are two tutorials explaining how you can make a stereo and Anaglyph picture. The first method uses Photoshop but any paint program that uses Layers can be used. The second method explains how you can use a freeware program called Anamaker that will help you make Anaglyph pictures.
How to make a Stereo picture using Photoshop
By using your favorite Paint program such as Photoshop we can combine both the Left and Right pictures into one. It is very simple to do. Photoshop is great because you can use Layers which is important for what we need to do.
(1) Choose a new picture with an image size of 700X400.
(2) Now load your <L_Picture> and <R_Picture> into Photoshop.
(3) Copy the <L_Picture> and Paste it in the new picture and call it <Left> in the Layers Options. Move your <Left> picture to the Left of the canvas.
(4) Copy the <R_Picture> and Paste it in the new picture and call it <Right> in the Layers Options.
(5) Move the <R_Picture> to the right of the new picture canvas. Move the <Right> picture up or down until it is level with the top and bottom of the <Left> picture.
(6) Now for the moment of truth. Cross your eyes and move the <Right> picture closer or farther away from the <Left> picture keeping in mind that the top and bottom of the <Right> picture is level with the <Left> pictures top and bottom. Do this until the two pictures merge into one. BINGO!!! You have now created your first Stereo picture.
How to make an Anaglyph Picture
If you want to make an Anaglyph picture. There are a few tutorials on the internet explaining how you can make Anaglyph pictures using Photoshop. The problem with using Photoshop is that the picture looses it's color and you end up with a Gray/Red/Cyan picture. There are a few freeware and shareware programs on the internet that will do the job for you and you can make you pictures in color Anaglyphs. One such program is called AnaMaker. It is freeware and it is very easy to use. Below is a link to download Anamaker.